The phrase DevOps combines the last parts of software development and technology operations. DevOps is about removing silos and integrating development and operations activities together. Organizations can increase cooperation, work culture, and ultimately productivity by merging development and operations teams and adding automation. DevOps integration is based on automating infrastructure and workflows. In a nutshell, ServiceNow DevOps unifies application development and IT Operations teams with an integrated CI-CD toolchain and change automation to minimize time-to-market.
Solution for Innovation
1. Simplify Enterprise DevOps - Connect different teams to ServiceNow and speeds up software development. It automates administrative tasks and brings Ops and Dev teams on a single page.
2. Scale DevOps Initiatives – With ServiceNow, DevOps values can be quickly extended to reach business goals. It provides an option to add connectivity, visibility, and traceability to existing toolchains and helps in driving collaboration with different integrations.
3. Stay compliant at speed - Automate change creations and approvals so that one can deliver innovation at the pace of business needs without hampering the quality.
4. Minimize Risk - Have the option to develop and deploy at speed, and at the same time, keep risks at bay. It automatically gathers and connects information from the DevOps toolchain and maintains an audit trail of all things in one place.
5. Powerful Integration Hub - ServiceNow DevOps is a very powerful tool that can integrate with other DevOps Solutions having both the option of making custom integrations and extending out-of-the-box integrations.
Leverage Capabilities for Continuous Integration
1. Proactive Monitoring and Detection - It is an automated process by which a DevOps personnel will be able to observe and detect compliance issues and security threats during each phase of the DevOps pipeline.
2. Collaborative Culture - ServiceNow DevOps consists of improved end-to-end collaboration, consisting of not only development and operations teams, but also other diverse disciplines, such as security (sometimes referred to as DevSecOps), testing (QA), version control, etc.
3. Configuration Management - Helps automate monotonous maintenance tasks, which frees up dev time for actual programming. Configuration management can be described as the automation, management, and maintenance of configurations at each state.
4. Continuous Integration, Delivery, Deployment – CI/CD2 - Software development teams collaborate and perform Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, which means at the end of every iteration, no matter how short it is, the software is deployment-ready.
Distinguished Service – inMorphis + ServiceNow DevOps
1. Data-Driven Analysis and Decision Making - See built-in-flow metrics. Users can track KPIs like change failure rate, etc., and can track things from developer performance to change acceleration impact.
2. Test-Driven Development - Development in DevOps is mainly test-driven like TDD, the developer mainly focuses on test cases before writing the cases, or better still, the developer is more interested in thinking about the use of software and the design of the user interface needed to achieve that.
3. Change Automation via CI/CD Pipelines - Change deployment can be automated and can be run from development to production, faster through tests.
4. Infrastructure Automation - Infrastructure as Code (IAC) - IAC eliminates manual configurations, thus improving reliability and productivity.
Domains of Expertise
inMorphis as a ServiceNow DevOps implementor has achieved distinguished success in the telecommunications domain. inMorphis is one of few implementors of DevOps for one of the largest global Telecom giants.
Read More: Skills required for servicenow developer
Benefits to Businesses
1. Faster time to market
2. Improved lead time for changes
3. Lower rate of change failures
4. Automated scaling and self-healing infrastructure
5. Improved SLAs for incident recovery
6. Ultra-high availability
7. Optimized and streamlined processes
8. Cost savings on maintenance and upgrades – ServiceNow DevOps helps boost productivity through automated data collection, and gather continuous data for making reports