In these unprecedented times when many industries are highly volatile, one thing which needs to be religiously practiced and manifested is IT agility. In modern industries, IT agility is often synonymized with Automation. Automation is perhaps the most straightforward element of effective DevOps from an Application Development standpoint.
Most teams are becoming mature in automating key aspects of the lifecycle, such as, code testing, but that doesn’t cover it all. You need the ability to automate the processes downstream of the development work – especially in change and release management and disruption-free backout and recovery in the event of problems. Each of these links must be tightly integrated so the process is as effective and efficient as possible.
Anything which is done repeatedly and via defined set of steps must be automated. But often running those pieces of automation are left to the human judgement and they become redundant over time.
Leveraging Infrastructure-As-Code (IAC) capabilities along with ServiceNow Integration Hub allows us to unveil the magic of automations flowing smoothly in tandem with your ITSM processes, with no human intervention whatsoever.
inMorphis Bringing IT Operations and Development Together with ServiceNow DevOps
Combining various set of automations and processes using Integration Hub provides us those capabilities in several significant areas
· Automatic Server Provisioning – Enabling the organizations to spin up servers on demand based on the pre-existing configuration templates for various flavors of Servers
· Kernel Patching – Schedule based and timely VM kernel patching or the OS upgrades to maintain compliance
· Vulnerabilities Removal – Regular checks, upgrades, password rotations, removal or replacement of vulnerable certificates and security keys
· Automated Incident Remediations – Enabling the Infrastructure, Operations, NOC (Network operations center) and SOC (Security Operations Center) teams by introducing automated incident remediations of the issue related to the servers, application, database, network, security and more
· Software Installations & Configuration Management – Setting up workflows for automated installation of Software on Demand and maintaining the configurations of infrastructures across various landscape both on-premises and public cloud
· Automated Implementation of Change and Service Requests – Automating day-to-day operational activities and routine tasks to save manual efforts
· Infrastructure Auto Scaling and Elasticity – Utilizing the IAC capabilities for horizontal or vertical scaling of the infrastructure and integrating it with orchestrating engines or machine logic for decision on scaling up or down
· Cloud Migrations – Assisting the organizations to leverage the power of Infrastructure-As-Code to migrate to the cloud platform
inMorphis has mastered the expertise on various Infrastructure as Code and Configuration management tools, thus utilizing the key features of each tool to the core. Here is a quick and clear comparison of each IAC tool and its benefits.
Furthermore, Ansible and Terraform can work together with each other where Terraform can be used for Provisioning or Cloud Migrations, and Ansible can be used for Software Installations / Configuration Management.
Scale DevOps Success With inMorphis
inMorphis offers state-of-the-art Acservices in terms of Infrastructure Automation orchestrated via the powerful ServiceNow platform, thus not only automating the workflows, but going an extra mile to investigate, understand and resolve the pain points of our customers, which sometimes are not well diagnosed or not practically visible to themselves due to the complex and diversified infrastructure.
inMorphis implements ServiceNow DevOps with a consulting and solutioning mindset, thus analyzing the data and experiences, and churning out an outcome-driven solution. It combines the benefits of orchestration and Integration Hub along with other modules namely ITSM, ITOM, ITAM and GRC to provide an end-to-end automation experience and a complete user workflow, thus making it an Automation of Automation.
· ITOM Event Management related Incidents
· ITSM Service Requests
· ITAM Configuration Changes
· GRC related patching activities and vulnerabilities removal flows with open-source or enterprise IAC tools to create an end-to-end experience
Higher Organizational Performance with ServiceNow DevOps
This integration of Infrastructure automation across widespread cloud/on-premise landscape with diversified modules in areas like ITIL and ITSM provides infinite benefits but not limited to
· Ultra-high availability of platform and services
· Reduced outages due to elasticity and scalability
· Improved mean-time to recovery due to automated and faster recovery of infrastructure
· Faster time-to-market in terms of deliveries
· Consistency and idempotence across platforms and devices
· Uncompromised security due to continuous patching
· Agility in infrastructure provisioning and readiness
· Seamless cloud migrations
· Reduced cost in terms of efforts and also preventing the outages
Read More: Skills Required for ServiceNow Developer