The ServiceNow Software Asset Management (SAM) program systematically records, evaluates, and maintains software licenses, compliance, and optimization.
Cybersecurity risk management identifies an organization's digital assets and analyzes security measures. It also involves adopting solutions to either keep what is working or minimize security risks that may constitute financial losses.
Cybersecurity is a major problem for organizations of all sizes in today's increasingly digital environment. Cyber-attacks can result in lost data, damage a company's reputation, and cause financial losses. Cybersecurity risk management practices are essential for mitigating cyber threat risks. One critical component of this is ServiceNow Software Asset Management (SAM).
ServiceNow Software Asset Management (SAM) and cybersecurity risk management are important to maintain a secure and compliant digital environment. SAM provides organizations with visibility into their software assets, enabling them to identify vulnerabilities, track license compliance, and mitigate cyber threats. It helps organizations identify vulnerabilities and potential cyber threats by keeping an up-to-date software inventory.
Understanding Cybersecurity Risk Management
Cybersecurity risk management is the process of identifying, assessing, and mitigating the risks associated with cyber-attacks. It refers to the procedures, technologies, and policies used to protect a company's digital assets from unauthorized access. The goal of cybersecurity risk management is to minimize the potential damage caused by cyber-attacks, maintain the integrity of data, and protect an organization's reputation.
Read more about ServiceNow Portal: Websites with Low Codes, High Content
How SAM can help with Cybersecurity Risk Management
SAM provides organizations with real-time data on software usage, enabling them to detect unauthorized software installations or unusual usage patterns. This information can help identify potential security threats and take corrective action before any damage is done. ServiceNow software asset management can also be used to monitor the use of software licenses, ensuring that organizations are compliant with licensing agreements and reducing the risk of legal and financial penalties.
SAM can help with Cybersecurity Risk Management in the following ways:
- Asset inventory management: SAM can help organizations maintain an accurate inventory of their assets, including hardware and software, as well as data and information. This inventory can help organizations identify vulnerabilities and potential attack vectors, allowing them to take proactive measures to safeguard their assets.
- Vulnerability management: SAM can help organizations identify and prioritize vulnerabilities in their assets, allowing them to take appropriate action to address them. By regularly assessing vulnerabilities, organizations can ensure that they are taking the necessary steps to protect their assets from cyberattacks.
- Patch management: ServiceNow software asset management can help organizations keep their software and hardware up to date with the latest security patches and updates, reducing the risk of cyberattacks. SAM can help automate the patch management process by making maintaining a secure environment easier and more efficient.
- Compliance management: SAM can help organizations ensure compliance with industry standards and regulatory requirements, such as HIPAA, GDPR, PCI-DSS, and other relevant regulations. Compliance management is critical in cybersecurity risk management because it ensures that organizations meet security standards, best practices, and regulatory requirements.
Learn more about ServiceNow SAM Solutions – Is Your Company in Need of It?
Overall, ServiceNow software asset management is essential for an effective Cybersecurity Risk Management strategy. It can help organizations identify, prioritize, and manage their assets effectively, reducing the risk of cyberattacks and ensuring the organization's overall security.
The Integration of SAM with Cybersecurity Risk Management
Organizations get a complete perspective of their IT environment through the combination of SAM and cybersecurity risk management. This allows them to recognize possible risks and vulnerabilities. SAM enables organizations to proactively approach cybersecurity risk management, identifying potential threats before they can cause damage. This, in turn, helps organizations maintain a secure and compliant IT environment and minimize potential cybersecurity risks.
Check out this blog to Acquire Detailed Information About ServiceNow SAM.
Benefits of SAM in Cybersecurity Risk Management
By providing visibility into software assets and usage, SAM enables organizations to identify and mitigate potential risks and vulnerabilities, ensuring their IT environment remains secure and compliant. SAM helps organizations to maintain a comprehensive view of their IT environment, enabling them to take a proactive approach to cybersecurity risk management. There are several benefits of using SAM in cybersecurity risk management, including:
- Improved Visibility: SAM provides organizations with real-time data on software usage, enabling them to detect unauthorized software installations or unusual usage patterns. This information can be used to identify potential security threats and take corrective action before any damage is done.
- License Compliance: SAM can be used to monitor the use of software licenses, ensuring that organizations are compliant with licensing agreements and reducing the risk of legal and financial penalties.
- Patch Management: Cyber attackers often exploit known vulnerabilities in software applications to gain access to an organization's network. SAM provides a centralized platform for managing software patches and updates, ensuring critical security updates are applied promptly. This reduces the risk of cyber-attacks that exploit known vulnerabilities in software applications.
- Cost Reduction: SAM enables organizations to optimize their software usage, identifying unused or underutilized licenses and, thus, software costs.
Also, read about the Benefits of Maintaining SAM Solutions in an Organization.
Lastly, ServiceNow Software Asset Management (SAM) is an important tool for organizations to properly and efficiently manage their software assets. Businesses can lower their cybersecurity risks and assure compliance with licensing laws by deploying SAM.
SAM also assists organizations in gaining a comprehensive image of their software inventory, tracking usage, and detecting any vulnerabilities or potential hazards. As a result, businesses must invest in SAM solutions to efficiently manage their software assets and protect themselves from cyber-attacks.